Sunday, September 16, 2007

Gandalf as a PhD Student

Gandalf gave a presentation on facilitation of meetings today. Facilitation comes from the french word facile which means "easy." So he gave a presentation on making meetings easy. Just use your imagination. Gandalf has retired from being Gandalf the White, and is now Gandalf the Brown. He was tired of trying to keep his robes white.

Two of my neighbors got arrested last week. Things are a lot quieter around her now. Correlation or causation? You be the judge. No one has yet to arrest the cicadas for disturbing the peace all summer long or the squirrels for repeated jaywalking.

I'm reevaluating the innocent image I have of squirrels. A good friend of mind told me about how a squirrel insisted on using her bicycle seat as a storage space for food. Repeated duct-tapings of the squirrel's excavation didn't deter him. In fact, the squirrel left something besides food.

This blog would have been longer, but I had to write it twice due to technical difficulties. But this means that I only remembered the good jokes I had. Bad jokes take longer to write actually. So... if I ever write a bad joke, just think of the effort that went into it.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Janell said...

It's true. Brown facilitates a lack of cleaning better than white ;)

Unknown said...

Nice robe, beard, and staff! Where did you find the staff? Hope your presentation went well. Wish we could have seen it.
Mom & Dad

Margaret said...

I think he's called "Gandalf the Grad."

Margaret said...

P.S. That wasn't an original line, as much as I would LOVE to take credit for it. Divine Comedy did a series of sketches of the LOTR.